Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Yard Sale weekend...


So this weekend we were able to get things together and have another yard sale but this time it was a little bit more exciting and crazy getting ready for it then last time... We had gotten started later then planned I had to go into Greensboro and meet a lady to pick up a reading learning system for the kids I had found on a yard sale site on Facebook, (That's the first photo) if you can see it was the reading system with two books plus another 8 books to go with it, I almost talked my self out of going all the way over there to buy this for $50.00 I was just thinking that's way to much money to be spending when we are about to head on the road and need a lot of money for that, I kept talking about it all day long at work and showing people the photos and going back and forward on if I was getting it or not, well then that evening I just about told the lady I had changed my mind then my mom was like well just look it up online for the price then let her know if you still want it or not so I did, and the system by it's self on Amazon sells for $129.99 so that sold me... I was getting it, Me, Jeffrey and Steven  went all the way over to meet her and pick it up, the lady said I hope your kids really enjoy this is what Spoiled Grandkids look like it's never been open, when I got back in the car Jeffrey was going to scan the bar codes so that we could add up the totals to see if the deal was good, and the total came to....... $240.00 with that being said it was a DANG GOOD DEAL..... 

Finally we got over to the house it was running about 6:00 pm maybe even closer to 6:30-7:00, we were running out of daytime and we had a lot we needed to get done, but we were working our little hearts out sweating like crazy and getting everything in piles for either Keep, Yard Sale, Trash... in between all the little mice and us freaking out, we made a lot of progress until we ran across (THE NEXT PHOTO) that darn black snake that was inside of the house behind some mattresses and boxes, mom spotted it and she just knew it was something other then a mouse or something that was supposed to be in the house, and let me tell you after we saw that it was SOOOO hard to get anyone to work on much of anything else lol.... every single step I was taken I was freaking out there would be a snake, but finally we made it through and was all done and ready for Saturday mornings Yard Sale.... 

Saturday Morning and it's time for the yard sale, and NONE of us is morning people let me tell you, Jeffrey was wide awake and kept trying to wake us all up, and finally around 5:30 or so we rolled over out the bed to get ready, and made the way down to the lobby to get and by time we got in the car headed over to even set out our yard sale items it was already 6:30 am we were running so Late and freaking out that NO one would even show up, Thankfully mom had made up some signs and on the way in Steven and Jeffrey put them up and pointed people our way, me and mom went and started to set out the stuff to sale... a few people went by looking as we were late setting up and we thought that no one was going to stop it was so slow and crazy but then finally they all started stopping and we did really good at the yard sale we were able to make about $160.00 which was really good for a late start yard sale, plus all the rain we got on Friday night and the yard was so wet and gross but it was a amazing turn out... 

Next Photo of Jeffrey was of him sweating so bad because it was sooo hot outside and he was stuck in the building trying to get everything out to going through it, it's just been so crazy hot around here lately that it's not even funny... 

After the yard sale had slowed down and people stopped coming we just left everything out in the yard because we needed to get this building started if we didn't start it would never get done so we just cleaned it out and got everything into piles again of Keep, Yard Sales, and Trash... during this time as soon as we get everything pulled out and ready to start putting the piles up it starts to rain so we hurry up trying to pack up the yard sale items before they get soaked also get everything back into the building... and let me tell you the things didn't get as wet as we did that's the next (two photos) to show just how much rain we had in that short amount of time and then me soaking wet from being out there trying to get all that stuff up and out of the weather... 


well this is my blog for the weekend I have noticed that it's super long and maybe even boring if so I'm sorry and the next one will be better :) 

Also anyone that might read this know that we are having ANOTHER YARD SALE this weekend August 17th... we need everything sold that we can sell before we leave on the 21st for California!!! 

Until next time.... :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment