Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 4 of 28


Topic number 4: Your Favorite Valentines Day Baked Goods... 

So today I am here to talk about my favorite Valentine Day baked goods, and man that is a hard choice since I like so many.. But I have to say I am a sucker for.. 

Sugar Cookies I love me some sugar cookies no matter what holiday it is.. 

Also I really like Cupcakes and sometimes I like brownies.. 

Well Since I told you what my favorite is and there isn't much to really talk about it I will post and tell you how to make some sugar cookies in case you want to jump in the kitchen and make some this Valentines Day....

Homemade Sugar Cookies: 

What you will need: Ingredients 

- 2 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour 
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
- 1 cup butter, soften 
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar 
- 1 egg 
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

(Note: If you rather use Self Rising Flour you can leave out the Baking Soda and Baking Powder)  

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degree C) in a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside. 

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreaswd cookie sheets. 

(Note: You can also roll the whole thing of dough out about 1/2 inch thick and use a Valentines Day cookie cutter to make special cookies) 

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on Wire Racks. 

After they cool enough that its safe temps for children you make use different icing and sprinkles to make them all pretty before eating.. 

Makes 4 dozen of cookie. 

If you want to make them Vegan Leave out the Egg and replace it either with a egg replacer, 1 Tablespoon of Apple Sauce, or 1 whole Banana... 

Also I would like to Note I got this recipe from www.allrecipes.com I did not make it up or anything and I give full credit to the website I just used as a reference. 

I hope that you all enjoy this post for today and as always your feedback is always welcome.. I hope that you like this and if you use the recipe let me know.. 

until tomorrow.. 

❤ Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment